Covid19/Anim Welfare NonProfit - One to seven years
Vet Tech / Nurse / Assistant
Seeking experienced PT Clinic Veterinary Assistant at the APF Community Spay/ Neuter Clinic. Must enjoy and be skilled at excellent customer service, self-starter, compassionate, problem-solver, positive, and fun.
The Clinic Veterinary Assistant (CVA) is responsible for assisting in daily care of all spay and neuter clinic surgical patients, assisting doctors and veterinary technicians with pre-, peri-, and post-operative care of patients, cleaning, and training others to utilize our patient care protocols. Primary duties are in the s/n clinic and is responsible for exceptional care of public surgical patients and shelter animals. Secondary duties are in the shelter medical clinic.
Education and Experience:
· Must have a high school diploma
· Two or more years of experience in a veterinary clinic, veterinary hospital, and/or animal shelter or control facility.
· Candidate should be highly motivated, enthusiastic self-starter with a professional attitude.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Must be able to learn basic veterinary medical concepts, including but not limited to vaccine protocols and anesthesia risks
· Must also be able to communicate basic veterinary concepts to owners and be able to repeat information relayed by a veterinarian
· Will be asked to take medical histories for surgical rechecks
· Will be asked to communicate with the public on a daily basis in a professional manner
· Must be knowledgeable or become knowledgeable in Fear Free practices within 3 months of hire.
· Excellent people skills including communication and interpersonal relations with a high degree of professionalism and competence in dealing with a variety of individuals. Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact. Sincere interest in APF’s mission and vision.
Valid New York State driver’s license.
Take and pass a background check.
Euthanasia certification in NY state.
About Animal Protective Foundation
The Animal Protective Foundation promotes and protects the human-animal bond by providing resources to our community and humane care to companion animals.
Our vision is a community where all companion animals are loved, respected and receive exceptional care.
The Animal Protective Foundation is a humane society providing services to Schenectady County and the greater Capital Region. Since 1931, the APF has held true to the mission of its founders. We have an open admission policy which ensures that animals are not turned away based on their breed, age, condition, or circumstance.