Taconic Veterinary Center is looking for an innovative and empathetic Veterinarian to join our compassionate team in Cortlandt Manor, New York! We are under new leadership and our mission at Taconic is to provide our community with the highest level of patient healthcare with professionalism and compassion. We pledge to communicate to our clients the how, what, and why while respecting and understanding their needs. We are located in Cortlandt Manor, New York. It's a great suburban location near the Hudson, a short drive to NYC and all that it has to offer without the hustle and bustle daily.
Why Taconic Veterinary Center
• Get the luxury of full workups with in-depth diagnostics and cutting edge equipment
• Our team is educated, empowered, and innovative
• Our environment is rewarding, adaptable, and philanthropic
• Our care is helpful, ethical, and empathetic
• Generous compensation $150,000+ – Production based with guaranteed salary
• $50,000 of Risk-free Ownership Shares through our Veterinary Stock Ownership Plan (VSOP®) – (more info below).
• Opportunity for Leadership Development & Mentorship.
• Excellent Benefits that include 401K, Medical/Dental/Vision options, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid time off, Continuing Education, and more!
• Opportunities to help pets in need and give back to the community.
We Believe In Veterinary Ownership
VSOP® is an innovative way to have ownership in your hospital. It will provide you with the tools to grow both financially and professionally, without upfront monetary investment. As the hospital grows from your hard work and dedication, so will the value of your VSOP®.
• The ideal candidate will have strong people skills, a positive attitude, and be self-motivated
• Experience and/or interest in Emergency and Critical Care is a plus
• Availability to work some weekends and holidays
• New graduates are encouraged to apply as mentorship and training is available if needed
• A New York State Veterinary Board License (or able to obtain one) in good standing
About Taconic Veterinary Center
Taconic Veterinary Center is a fully-staffed 24-hour emergency animal hospital. A doctor will always be present to supervise the immediate care of your pets with the assistance of trained medical staff. The facility remains open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year and is equipped to stay open regardless of weather or power outages.
In addition to our 24 hour emergency services, we operate a general practice. We are here for all of your pets’ medical and surgical needs throughout all life stages, and especially in times of illness. A boarded surgeon, cardiologist and internist are available for consults at our hospital should your pet require this specialized care.
Imaging is an important tool used to make proper diagnoses. Our fully equipped imaging department includes Computerized Tomography (CT), fluoroscopy, ultrasonography, endoscopy and digital radiography. Paired with our in house laboratory, screening bloodwork and radiology results are available within hours. We pride ourselves in being able to narrow down a diagnosis as quick as possible so you can make educated decisions regarding your pet’s care.
As one of the few hospitals in the country equipped... with both an Artemis Therapy Laser and a hyperbaric oxygen chamber, we can offer effective cutting edge technology as adjunctive treatments for such conditions as osteoarthritis, brain and spinal cord injuries, snake bites, large non-healing wounds, bone infections, severe pancreatitis.
You and your pet will always be offered the best care that our hospital can provide. Our mission at Taconic Veterinary Center is to professionally and compassionately provide our community with the highest level of veterinary healthcare any time of day or night. We are here to educate pet owners when they need to make important decisions concerning their pets’ care. Our pledge is to communicate with our clients the how, what and why regarding their pet’s health, while respecting and understanding all their needs.