Does an opportunity to practice independent, progressive medicine while working with a skilled and caring staff interest you? If so, consider joining our team of doctors and staff dedicated to clinical excellence and compassionate care. We work hard to make the client and patient experience the best it can be, while recognizing that we can still have fun at work!
We are located in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of New York State, known for its breathtaking scenery, outdoor activities, wineries, craft breweries and numerous other attractions. Both alpine and Nordic skiing are close by. Some of the best hiking and camping in the nation is within 20 minutes of the practice. All forms of water sports are readily available (we are just a block from one of the Finger Lakes). For the horse lover, our area is rich in equestrian history and pursuits. There are at least eight Universities within a 30-minute drive, with SUNY Geneseo a mere 10 minutes away, providing many opportunities for concerts, festivals and other cultural activities. For the “city feel,” Rochester is 30 minutes north. Both the city of Buffalo (go Bills!) and scenic Niagara Falls are just a short two-hour drive away. For a quick and fun weekend getaway, you can visit Toronto, Canada, just four hours north.
We are seeking an energetic, empathetic veterinarian for a team-oriented community veterinary practice where the highest standard of medicine is practiced. The candidate must be friendly and outgoing, and have a positive attitude, as well as a professional demeanor and appearance. He or she must be a self-motivated team player who is attentive to detail and able to earn the respect of clients and colleagues. He or she should be able to make and communicate decisions and be willing not only to help execute existing ideas, but also to contribute innovative strategies to that end. Continuing education for all staff members ensures ample opportunity for future personal growth.
Our clinic is well equipped with digital radiography (including dental), in-house Abaxis laboratory equipment, ultrasound and state-of-the-art anesthesia monitoring equipment. Our practice features a skilled dental team and an in-house veterinary clinical pathologist and ultrasonographer. We currently have three veterinarians and a full complement of support staff, including a practice manager and medical director. Our doctors are experienced individuals who work well together and support each other.
We have a dedicated, well-trained support staff, and our knowledgeable LVTs are experienced and utilized to their full extent. Our team works hard, has fun, and takes pride in the relationships they develop with both clients and patients. The practice has a healthy culture, and we work hard at being a team. When asked what they like about the practice, most staff members will tell you we are a family.
• Generous benefits package (valued at $18,000)
• Flexible work schedule
• Health, vision and dental insurance
• Life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability insurance
• Professional dues reimbursement
• 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
• Continuing education allowance
• Pet benefits
• Signing bonus (10,000.00) and a generous relocation expense reimbursement
Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Delivering complete and current veterinary care, including examinations, diagnoses, and medical, dental, and surgical procedures while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Working with clients, including recommending and explaining appropriate medical care and keeping clients informed both in the exam room and by phone.·
· Developing and maintaining accurate patient records, including completing SOAP notes and maintaining all the necessary logs.
· Providing owners with detailed directions for medication dosing and administration. Providing support staff with clear instructions for procedures and patient monitoring.
· Dealing professionally with clients and colleagues. Being willing to assist and coach others.
· Maintaining an environment of mutual support, trust, and respect-qualities which are very much a part our culture
· Veterinarian: Any level of experience will be happily accepted, provided the person is a good fit as an individual. We are very experienced mentors.
License: NYS license or eligibility is required. DEA license is also required.
Required: Authorized to work in the United States
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Signing bonus (10,000.00) and a generous relocation expense reimbursement
About Livonia Veterinary Hospital
Livonia Veterinary Hospital is a progressive, small animal practice with 3 veterinarians. We are located south of Rochester, NY near beautiful Conesus Lake. We are well established in our area, serving our community for 30 years. The local pizza shop down the road keeps us happy and full. What Makes Us Unique: Our clinic is well equipped with digital radiographs, digital dental radiographs, in-house Abaxis laboratory equipment, ultrasound and state-of-the-art anesthesia monitoring equipment. We have dedicated well-trained support staff and our knowledgeable LVT's are experienced and utilized to their fullest extent. Our team works hard, has fun and takes pride in the relationships they develop with both our clients and patients.