Our Kempsville location is seeking to expand our veterinary team. As an urgent care veterinarian at Acredale, you will have a variety of cases to keep you engaged and excited about your day. In addition to the management of hospitalized patients and new emergency intakes, we will often have patients that were unable to make an appointment and need same day care. (This sometimes includes routine puppy and kitten wellness visits!) Additionally, if you enjoy surgery, you will have the opportunity to provide this service to your own emergency patients without the need for an internal referral. We currently perform a large number of dental procedures. Those with significant dental experience and/or those wishing to gain dental experience are encouraged to apply.
Our group of veterinarians enjoy working and collaborating together to provide the best care for our patients. Acredale Animal Hospital was founded in 1986 as a general practice and has grown to two locations in Virginia Beach and in Chesapeake. Last year, we joined Southern Veterinary Partners and we are continuing to grow! SVP is a large network of over 4,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth. Our Kempsville location provides 24- hour emergency as well as routine care and surgical services to the Hampton Roads community in coastal Virginia. We have all of the modern equipment you would expect including digital radiography, ultrasound, in-house laboratory equipment, forced triad electrosurgical cutting with ligasure, and oxygen supplementation housing for patients.
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
SVP rewards its team members with a competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
401(k) retirement savings plan
Continuing Education allowance
Professional Liability Coverage
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Virginia
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics